Saturday, September 19, 2009

Photo Story!

I have always seen little videos that are "made" by many people. Youtube is filled with them and I always wondered how it was done. Playing with Photostory in class, I never realized how easy it was to make one. Since the steps are so simple, and many younger children are tech-savvy, I think this would be a nice project, for any subjects, for the students to make.

I believe that this can be a great tool for the classroom as it allows the students to be involved with technology, but is also another way to present their ideas. Having voice overs can allow them to do their "oral" speech, as it can be an option for those that are very shy. It is also a creative tool. Students make the whole thing from start to finish, and I believe that lets them think outside the box to whatever possiblities they come up with. Creating any piece of work and "publishing" it, makes a big impact on students when they see ther finished work. If students can see an outcome right away, I think they will be more motivated to do the work.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hello,
I'm glad you see PhotoStory not only as a way to use technology, but also as a way for creativity and publishing that has benefits for a variety of students. It sounds like you will have fun using this tool.